-->

Monday, August 1, 2016

Trio Nordestino (Alagoas) - Diga Prá Ela from Acuda Patrão Acuda - Pierrot (1980)

Confusingly, there are two different Trio Nordestinos. The group with multiple albums on CBS in the 1960s and 1970s is Trio Nordestino da Bahia. The other Trio Nordestino is from Alagoas. They most commonly appear in the upside-down taco shaped cangaceiro hats famously worn by Luiz Gonzaga. I have featured the Bahia group on this blog, but this is my first entry for the Alagoas band. I like the Bahia group, but I prefer the Alagoas act.

Diga Prá Ela is a wonderful track hidden away on their 1980 LP Acuda Patrão Acuda. Of the tracks that I transferred last spring, this one is one of my favorites. The delivery has a cool swing and mostly acoustic backing. Lovely stuff.

Trio Nordestino (Alagoas) - Diga Prá Ela from Acuda Patrão Acuda - Pierrot (1980)



Trio Nordestino (Alagoas) - Acuda Patrão Acuda - Pierrot (1980)

No comments:

Post a Comment